New Peugeot 308 – The New Face of Peugeot Arrives on Irish Shores.
All-New PEUGEOT 308 – THE NEW FACE OF PEUGEOT ARRIVES ON IRISH SHORES
On the crest of its success in the compact saloon segment, with more than 7,000,000 worldwide sales over the generations, having won a long list of awards including the award for Car Of The Year in 2014, PEUGEOT is proud to present the All New PEUGEOT 308 at the Irish Launch in Glasson Lakehouse in Co. Westmeath.
With the first deliveries starting in June, The All New PEUGEOT 308 will be available in 3 grades – Active, Allure and GT, with pricing as follows:
Active – From €31,765
Allure – From €35,705
GT – From €39,215
The vehicle is the first in the PEUGEOT line up to bear the new PEUGEOT brand coat of arms in a grille entirely dedicated to it. A design and technological evolution, the radar for driving aids disappears behind the coat of arms (radome technology using indium compatible with radar waves), making it the centre piece on the grille.
The new PEUGEOT 308 is bolstering itself in its segment and changing its body shape, the 55mm extended wheelbase stretches the silhouette and offers more space for rear passengers while the 20mm height reduction combined with a soft-nose visually lengthens the bonnet. The boot volume is now 412 litres with 28 litres of compartmentalised storage space, with the rear seats folded, the maximum load is 1,323 litres.
The front headlamps use LED technology from the entry Active grade. Chiselled and slim, they contribute to the dynamics and identity of this new PEUGEOT 308. They are extended by hook-shaped daytime running lights on the front bumper. This light signature reflective of the current PEUGEOT style is recognisable at first glance both by day and by night. On the GT grades, the Full LED headlamps are even thinner and have PEUGEOT Matrix LED Technology, for greater efficiency and safety in everyday use. At the rear, the headlamps use Full LED technology displaying the 3 claws for a modern, brand-specific light signature.
The new PEUGEOT 308 will come in 7 shades: Olivine Green, Vertigo Blue, Elixir Red, Pearl White, Ice White, Artense Grey, Perla Nera Black.
The new PEUGEOT i-Cockpit®.
The PEUGEOT i-cockpit® is part of the brand’s DNA. With each generation, it has been enhanced and modernised. With this new PEUGEOT 308, it marks a clear change in terms of ergonomics, quality, design and technology with its brand new infotainment system, the PEUGEOT i-Connect®.
The new compact steering wheel includes sensors which can detect the driver’s grip on the steering wheel when using the new driving aids. Ergonomic, heated (optional), it includes all the helpful controls: radio, media and telephone.
The cluster, located at eye level, has a 10 inch digital panel as standard across all grades. In the GT trim, the cluster is 3 dimensional. Fully configurable and customisable, this digital cluster has several display modes (TomTom connected Navigation, DAB Radio/Media, Driving Aids, Energy Flow, etc.) that can be modified directly from the stalk.
From the Allure grade, the new PEUGEOT 308 includes fully configurable virtual i-toggles which enable customers to create their preferred shortcuts. Positioned opposite the central screen, like an open book, they provide a unique look and level of technology in the segment.
Each i-toggle is a touch-sensitive shortcut key to the air conditioning settings, a telephone contact, a radio station, an application launch set up according to the driver’s choice.
The design of the centre console reflects the space-saving design of the new air conditioning unit. Its design places all the car’s dynamic controls together on an arch on the driver’s side:
- a new compact control for impulse selection of the modes (Reverse, Neutral, Drive) and 2 buttons (Parking and Manual) of the 8-speed automatic gearbox,
- the Driving Style Selector, to select different modes (Electric, Hybrid, Eco, Normal and Sport) depending on the engine.
The centre console is entirely dedicated to storage and convenience:
- two large-diameter cup holders,
- two USB C sockets (charge and charge/data) as standard, 4 USB C Sockets in Allure and GT Trims.
- storage space up to 34 litres,
- an armrest.
The LED ambient lighting (8 colours to choose from) hidden behind the central screen lights up the main decor to the door panels which, depending on the level of finish, can be foamed, fabric, Alcantara® or made of real deep drawn aluminium parts.
The new infotainment system gives all occupants the very best of the smartphone world and the best of the automotive world. Each driver (up to 8 profiles) can define and save his or her display, atmosphere and setting preferences. The mirroring function is now wireless and it is possible to connect two phones in Bluetooth at the same time. The “OK PEUGEOT” – a voice recognition command, can be used in everyday life to improve safety and ease of use, and provides access to all infotainment functions.
Exceptional new driving aids.
The latest-generation driving aids complete the range of on-board technologies, at the highest level of the brand’s know-how:
A further step towards semi-autonomous driving with the Drive Assist 2.0 pack (optional) which includes adaptive cruise control with Stop and Go function and the Lane Keeping Aid, it also has 3 new functions available on lanes with separate carriageways:
- Semi-automatic lane change, suggests that the driver overtake the vehicle in front and then suggests moving back, from 70 km/h.
- Anticipated speed recommendation, the system suggests to the driver to adapt their speed (acceleration or deceleration) according to the speed limit signs.
- Curve speed adaptation, optimises speed according to the curve of the bend.
The new PEUGEOT 308 comes with new equipment, worthy of the higher segments (depending on grade):
- Long-range blind spot monitoring (75 metres),
- Rear traffic alert (when reversing, warning of a danger nearby),
- New high-definition 180° reversing camera with integrated cleaning nozzle,
- 360° parking assistance with 4 cameras (front, rear and side),
- Proximity hands-free start access,
- A fully defrostable heated windshield and heated steering wheel,
- E-call+” emergency call with passenger number information and location including the direction of the vehicle in the lane,
- Automatically tilting rearview mirrors when engaging reverse gear.
The new PEUGEOT 308 is built from an evolution of the EMP2 (Efficient Modular Platform) multi-energy platform, which makes it possible to deploy fully electrified versions. Two plug in hybrid versions are available from launch.
The new PEUGEOT 308 is changing its shape to assert itself in the segment:
- the length is 4.36 m (+11 cm),
- the windscreen tilts and moves backwards,
- the wheelbase increases by 55 mm to 2.675 m, providing more room for the back row passengers,
- 20 mm lower, the height is now 1.44 m.
The new PEUGEOT 308 has been developed in partnership with Focal, a French brand specialising in Audio, the new PEUGEOT 308’s unique FOCAL® Premium Hi-Fi system is the result of more than 3 years of co-design work, the Premium Hi-Fi system is made up of 10 speakers.
Since the Power of Choice is so dear to the brand, 2 plug in hybrid engines are offered on the new PEUGEOT 308:
- HYBRID 180 e-EAT8 / 2-wheel drive / combination of a 150hp (110kW) PureTech 1.6L engine and an 81 kW electric engine attached to the e-EAT8 gearbox / from 24 g of C0₂ per km and up to 60 km of 100% electric range (according to WLTP protocol). Available across all trims.
- HYBRID 225 e-EAT8 / 2-wheel drive / combination of a 180 hp (132 kW) PureTech 1.6L engine and an 81 kW electric engine attached to the e-EAT8 gearbox / from 27g of C0₂ per km and up to 59 km of 100% electric range (according to the WLTP protocol). Available in GT trim only.
The Li-ion battery has a capacity of 12.4 kWh, a power of 102 kW and two types of on-board chargers are available: as standard a 3.7 kW charger and as an option a 7.4 kW charger.
Estimated recharging times are as follows:
- from a Wall Box (32 A) 7.4 kW, for a full charge in 1h 45min with the single-phase (7.4 kW) on-board charger,
- from a standard socket (8 A), for a full charge in 7hrs with the single-phase (3.7 kW) on-board charger.
The new PEUGEOT 308 is available with the following internal combustion engines: a PureTech (Petrol) 1.2L, 130 bhp 3-cylinder 8 speed automatic or a BlueHdi (Diesel) 1.5L, 130 bhp 4-cylinder 8 speed automatic engine. CO₂ from 117 g/km. Both engines comply with the latest €6 regulation, according to the WLTP (Worldwide harmonized Light vehicles Test Procedures) protocol.
The new PEUGEOT 308, will also be launched in an SW body type from July. Pricewalk from the hatchback model will be €1,000 RRSP. A fully electric version of the PEUGEOT 308 will be launched in late 2023.
The new PEUGEOT 308 is produced at the Mulhouse plant in France, and goes on sale in Ireland from June this year.